purchasing pine help

duckkisser

ok so im looking to buy pine and this company is listing white pine as furniture grade. is that a select or would that be common they want 1.84 a board foot which is around 12 dollers for a 10 by 8 rough cut thats a good deal if its select but if its just common then i can get for 9.45 for #2 common finished boards.

furnture grade is to wide a word so it could mean just about anything.

I would think that there is no way they could get away with calling common grade anything better than common grade, so it must be at least a bit better. However I've never heard of furniture grade being a thing all it's own.

Is this an online company? Can you get in touch with anyone there for more details?

no its a company near us and ill give them a call just want to get a bulk of wood go as low as common 1 and 2 just so i have enought to pull out for the kids who are just starting and want to rush through stuff. and in the future get oak, maple ect.... just hate to call a company and sound like a idiot rather sound like one on here

I found this definition on some lumber site. I really don't know what "furniture grade" means but it may have different meanings depending on who you're talking to or buying from.

White Pine - Furniture Grade - This is mill run stock with the selects and industrial pulled out. Sometimes called antique white pine. It contains mostly solid, sound, tight knots, suitable for use in Early American style cabinets and furniture.

hey rick ya um you send me that info and i printed it out and put in binder for identification cut other sites that i checked out was calling all wood furniture quality even common 2 so i was thrown for a lope. i need to get the wood for cheaper we spend 416 dollers and got 44 common 2 so hoping to get rough cut lumber for near same price per board foot or for cheaper so we can get a stock of pine for the kids who want to rush through projects and make junk

after a few calls i figured this much out.

were spending 1.41 bf for common 2 lumber-293 bf for $416

this company wants 1.81 bf for furniture grade....thinking its low grade select has knots but its tight knots so its strait and small knots.-293bf for $500

cheeper then box store purchase but still to much for what we need.

need to find a company that will sell cheaper then that anyone know of a site that will have a finishing mill or large saw mill that we can order and get deliveries too that is in illinois. or maybe a list of companies that we can call.