Compressed air from the Heavens

davestanton

Had a few hours to kill in between mowing the lawn :) and other weekend duties so I relocated my inertia reel compressed air line from my site trailer to the garage ceiling. There is far less call for me to have compressed air on site now that most of my nail guns are either gas or battery so, I thought it may be handier to have the compressor etc. in the workshop.

It sure is handy having it in easy reach and always available. :D

I have attached a couple of pics for anyone to draw motivation from.

a friend of mine put his compressor in the attic of his garage with the hose mounted in the roof of garage. cut down the sound from compressor turning on and cleared up the space the tank took up. he had a large 60 gal tank so it took up some floor space. just pop a hole in the celling run the cord through

just took a second look at your shop you must realy like dewalt

Dewalt, Makita, Bosch..doesn't really matter..once I went with a few batteries I usually buy bare tools. Dewalt was the choice when I bought a cordless 18volt drill about 18 years ago because it had a full metal gearbox, not plastic gears. It handled the 4 inch type 17 bugle self drilling screws that I fit roof battens into hardwood rafters (I still have it) and I just built on that system. Never let me down.

That will be cool Vic, have missed your input!

Yes...the forum needs more Vic....been missing you. Dave, I did what duckkisser's friend did...I put my compressor in the upstairs of the shop and mounted my air hose reel just below it. Less noise and redeemed the space. I bought one of the $30 air hose reels that you manually wind the hose up but it holds 100' of hose so I can reach the end of the drive for the cars. Also, a customer of mine has a large auto repair shop. They buy these electric power cord reels to mount in the ceiling and they come equipped with a 12" light on the end. When the light goes bad, they replace the entire $100 reel. He was throwing away the reels so I got two of these and mounted to the ceiling, and installed a female plug; so I have 2 retractable extension cords. Point...I've realized with these two small items how a little "tool" makes such a difference in time and ease. I like your Dewalt organization on the pegboard. Does anyone else ever spend even 30 seconds looking for a tool? "Where did I put/stick/lay down the orbital sander? Dave, show the shop!! :) I don't think I'm alone when I say organization is inspiring!

i plan on making caddies for all my tools on peg board like a glue caddy with wood glue paper towels acid brushes rollers. dremel caddy so i can see everything i have and it take up little space, drill press caddy with all my drill bits, screwdriver bits, drill, charger etc.... soon i'll be able to take my tool caddy anywhere in the shop and have all my stuff right at hand.