Removing dried GF Milk paint from HVLP Gun?

Juicegoose

I've been using the Gf Milk paint in my Earlex 5000 to spray my finish. Even though I've tried to keep it pretty clean there are areas, particularly under the cup lid, that have dried paint on them and I can't seem to get it to come off.

I noticed the General Finishes offers a gun and brush cleaner and the MSDS sheet stats it has water and ether in it with a little bit of alcohol.

What have you guys found to clean your gun after spraying paint with it?

I haven't tried it to clean my gun, but there's a product at the big box called "Brush Cleaner" in a yellow square can. It obviously has a small component of MEK as it can clean anything. I had a brush completely hardened with varnish and it cleaned it right up and I still use the brush now. It has worked well on anything I threw it at. Anything with MEK requires a well ventilated area and a mask.

A kinder cleaner that impressed me is Krud Kleaner also available at the big box stores. Charles Neil turned me on to the stuff and it works wonders without pickling your brain like Brush Cleaner; he used it to clean a spill of GF Endurovar from the day before we missed.

I have used regular old paint stripper. Just make sure there are no soft non-metal parts, such as gaskets and so fourth. The paint stripper may damage those. Steel wool helps and lots of hot water.

The General Finishes gun cleaner, is more towards rinsing and flushing the gun soon after spraying, not dried on material. Always a good Idea to spray some denatured alcohol through the gun as a final rinse so no rust can form (some of the cheaper guns don't use stainless steel parts and could rust or corrode) Not saying the Earlex gun is cheap. I don't have one so can't comment on that. :)

-Ace-