A Couple of Photos of my Shop

bubba1

Retrieved my tools from storage a little over a year ago, had plans to just do a hand tool shop but the CinC changed 'em when she decided on redoing the kitchen. Here is how it looks today, with the kitchen job almost finished, I will finally get around to wiring it this weekend. The 220 is done, I just need to finish up the 110.

shopNorth20111124.jpg

shopWest20111124.jpg

Thanks guys,

It's a lot tighter fit than my old shop but i've everything where I can do most jobs without rearranging. I spent the day finishing up a couple of kitchen trim pieces, MsBubba's under cabinet pull down tray, and at long last doing the 110 wiring. The house was built in the early '70s and they must have not believed in the need for electrical outlets, there were a total of two in the garage and none on the outside of the house when we bought it. Pulling wires is not my favorite job but it sure is nice to have outlets where you need 'em.

• Like 1

Looks great, what are some of the future things (other than electrical) that you want to do once you get the kitchen done? Thanks for sharing.

I took a break from the kitchen this weekend and finished wiring the shop so goodbye to all the extension cords I have been dealing with. Now that's done and once I finish the cabinet doors I will start the Roubo bench build along with the Guild. Last year everything was put off getting the shop up and running and doing the kitchen rebuild, I expect after the bench build I will just look for old tools to refurbish, make some big boards into smaller boards and catch up on my bike riding. I still have a few years of LD riding left in my old eyes and there are a couple of rides I want to do before I have to quit such as an east to west 50CC and a RAT Gold (Ride Around Texas).

• 2 weeks later...

I love seeing other people's shops. I always learn somehting. Hey, is that a finishing room back there between the drill press and the wall cabinet? Or is that part of you house?

Nope, it is my "tool room" and my sharpening room. Tool room is another name for the place you stick everything that is too good to throw away but you haven't a clue why you are keeping it.