5 days

cowchaser

Just wanted to tell someone, anyone for that matter it's been 5 days smoke free for me. Granted I have been in the hospital the last 5 days, but it just goes to show I could have done it along on my own. Well thanks for listening and sorry to bother you with my small personal giddies.

B) Congratulations!

Keep it up.

So, I don't smoke and don't know pack prices, but if the Google-found average of $5 is true and you smoked 2 a day, you'll have $300 at the end of the month you didn't have before... that, folks, is tool money!

Treat yourself to a tool gloat, something you'd say is too expensive to buy.

B) Congratulations!

Keep it up.

So, I don't smoke and don't know pack prices, but if the Google-found average of $5 is true and you smoked 2 a day, you'll have $300 at the end of the month you didn't have before... that, folks, is tool money!

That is a lot of smoking.. and the local price round here is about $7 a pack.. congrats on not smoking.. Funny, that is how I quit smoking too. Except I didn't get out of bed for two months and the only time I went outside was to get on an airplane and go to another hospital. Oh yeah, and morphine.. lots of it...

B) Congratulations!

Keep it up.

Thanks Paul and your pricing is correct, but I only smoked 1. But now I have to pay off these hospital bills. I have a co-pay of 400 a day and this is the 12th night in a month and a half. Sad part is all they can say is yes your sick, but we still can't find the cause. I have also lost 23 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months from whatever is wrong. That and have had 2 surgeries to try and fix me that didn't work.

That is a lot of smoking.. and the local price round here is about $7 a pack.. congrats on not smoking.. Funny, that is how I quit smoking too. Except I didn't get out of bed for two months and the only time I went outside was to get on an airplane and go to another hospital. Oh yeah, and morphine.. lots of it...

That's pretty much how it's been for me to sac, except allergic to morphine, but they do have some other good drugs out there for me.

Thanks Paul and your pricing is correct, but I only smoked 1. But now I have to pay off these hospital bills. I have a co-pay of 400 a day and this is the 12th night in a month and a half. Sad part is all they can say is yes your sick, but we still can't find the cause. I have also lost 23 pounds in the last 2 1/2 months from whatever is wrong. That and have had 2 surgeries to try and fix me that didn't work.

Bugs me to read that. Hope they aren't just dragging you through the hospital to cha-ching the insurance. You aren't, by chance, in Arizona? Over the years, I've come to the conclusion that anybody who fails at all aspects of medical school is given a free license to practice in Arizona; the incompetency (and arrogance) I experienced all last year was mind-boggling.

Get better! and don't assume your doctors know anything although I also say don't get "advice" from the Internet :)

Congrats on the quit, Cowchaser! I'm still stuck to the damn things. I wouldn't want to go through what you did to quit, Sac, but the morphine would probably help. Of course, then I'd just become a junkie due to my type A, OCD, very addictive personality.

Congrats on the quit, Cowchaser! I'm still stuck to the damn things. I wouldn't want to go through what you did to quit, Sac, but the morphine would probably help. Of course, then I'd just become a junkie due to my type A, OCD, very addictive personality.

This is me trying to peer pressure you into quitting. All the cool kids are doing it...

Well this makes 7 days I think smoke free. Still lying in a hospital bed without any answers. Depression has finally set in and literally want to bawl like a girl. Family has all had to return home or go back to work so I am now alone. If they give me 1 more shot to force me to have a bowel movement I'm liable shove my foot where they won't have one either. Shots haven't worked anyway. Needless to say I am sure none of you want to hear my sob stories, but it does me some good to write it down and think someone out there cares. Now being tested for lead poisoning for some odd reason and they already said they don't thinkk that's it. Have basically said I have all the signs of crohns or irritable bowel disease, but don't want to treat me for that unless it's a last resort since it becomes a long term only option.

• 5 weeks later...

Congrat's. I quit after 35 years. I did it cold turkey. It is rough at first. If you can get through the first week or so you'll do fine. The main thing is to have support around you. I quit 4 years ago and I feel great. Running up and down the soccer field is a snap now. Not out of breath anymore :D Good luck.

Congratulations! I did the same thing in 1994. I never said I quit! It has been "X days" since I did not do it. The method I used was to push the urge to smoke for 5 minutes! A day is very tough to handle when you want your cigarette fix, but 5 minutes is easy to handle.

My ADD helped.

Good luck and keep it going. Remember you are one smoke away from getting hooked up again.

Just wanted to tell someone, anyone for that matter it's been 5 days smoke free for me. Granted I have been in the hospital the last 5 days, but it just goes to show I could have done it along on my own. Well thanks for listening and sorry to bother you with my small personal giddies.