Miter Saws?

I need a new miter saw ASAP. I currently have the Kolbalt 10" Sliding Miter from Lowes and it just wont square up properly. Lots of deflection, fence sucks, etc... So, just thought I would throw this out there -what miter saws are you guys using? Can you give your experiences? A few on my short list: Makita 10" Slider, Milwaukee 12" Slider (digital) New Bosch articulating slider (not sure when it comes out) and if I win the lottery next week, the Festool Kapex. Actually, if there are any Kapex users, please do speak up. I'm really curious about the dust collection -is it as good as they say? If so, how about with MDF moulding?

+1 on the Makita 10" slider. Really like it. Just the the dust collection isn't so nice.

If I did finish carpentry for a living in people's homes, I'd get the Kapex. I've only seen raves for dust collection in that circumstance and if it saves a half-day of sweeping and apologizing for all the dust on the knick-knacks, it would pay for itself.

Some of the new miter saws that have come out since the Kapex have bothered to redesign the dust collection and I've heard some are very good. Definitely worth looking into.

I need a new miter saw ASAP. I currently have the Kolbalt 10" Sliding Miter from Lowes and it just wont square up properly. Lots of deflection, fence sucks, etc... So, just thought I would throw this out there -what miter saws are you guys using? Can you give your experiences? A few on my short list: Makita 10" Slider, Milwaukee 12" Slider (digital) New Bosch articulating slider (not sure when it comes out) and if I win the lottery next week, the Festool Kapex. Actually, if there are any Kapex users, please do speak up. I'm really curious about the dust collection -is it as good as they say? If so, how about with MDF moulding?

Marc, has the Kapex and I believe is considering getting rid of it. He'll let you know for sure, but I love the design of the new Bosch. For DC...make a good dust hood. Mine gets ALL the fine dust. Stop in the Live Chatroom sometime and I'll show you how mine is set up. My feed is TumbleWoodworks.

Marc, has the Kapex and I believe is considering getting rid of it. He'll let you know for sure, but I love the design of the new Bosch. For DC...make a good dust hood. Mine gets ALL the fine dust. Stop in the Live Chatroom sometime and I'll show you how mine is set up. My feed is TumbleWoodworks.

As of last week, it got setup. Otherwise, I know who I'm dropping by to visit with a big bucket of Dave's ribs...

I think it should be "Tool Callgirl" since the 'client' is high-end B)

He can't be a "Tool Call-girl"..well..unless he's doing the transvestite thing that Aaron mention on another thread. But, I think he retired the pink boa.

I have the 12" Makita and I really like it. save for the dust collection. I was thinking about buying that big dust collector that Rockler has but I have no room for it. The other thing on the Makita is it's not easy to adjust the fence for square, should have made that better IMO. Otherwise, It's done everything I've asked of it

Good luck