Leg vice guide pin

Kevmc

I need to thin down the pin that goes into the leg vice guide a bit because the fit it to tight. I am looking for recomendations for how best to do it. I did chuck into a drill press and used some sandpaper but it barely budged the size. Perhaps it was too fine do sandpaper. I also have access to a grinding wheel. Could I chuck it into a handheld drill and run it against a grinding stone? Hopefully I can do this without buying more tools. My wife has already called my bench building project a poor excuse for buying more tools

I see where the Benchcrafted instructions for the leg vise suggest grinding or sanding the pin like you're talking about. But wouldn't it be a lot simpler and easier to just enlarge the holes that the pin fits into?

-- Russ

Do you have a rest on your grinder? I just rested it and spun it around until it fit. It took about 5 mins. By the way, I only did it far enough then when I epoxy on a handle, the handle doesn't hit the leg.