Incra LS

Chopcat

No .... But I installed the Kreg precision router table fence this weekend ... It is fantastic .... I used the edge jointing function several times this weekend. It beats the heck out of my craftsman 4 1/2 inch inherited jointer. Nice smooth edges ready for glue up right off the table using a Freud pattern routing bit. And having the board laying flat on its side makes it effortless.

I also cut a few test tenons ...

I have the LS Super System but haven't had the chance to play with it other than some basic operations. Just got it a couple months ago and I've been working on shop projects lately. There's a whole crapload of stuff you can do with it, but I haven't scratched the surface yet, so I can't give you much info. It's been great and incredibly accurate the few times I've used it.

One side note, though...skip the Incra aluminum stand if you can help it. It's too skinny and tall, which makes the whole table a little top-heavy and wobbly. I'll be building a cabinet soon...a shorter, wider, WOODEN cabinet. :)

• 1 month later...

Has anyone any experience of the Incra LS router setup?

I purchased my first one 2 years ago and now i have 4 of their systems. I have the ts-ls, the ls super system, the ls supersystem with the wonderfence, then the smaller fence. I am thoroughly impressed with the function and quality of build. I use it everyday that i am in my shop. If you do any dovetail work, this system will save you hours and will turn out repeatable results every time!

If building a wood cabinet the only thing I can say is to be careful of vibration ... Make it very stiff. It cuts way down on the noise if the cabinet doesn't transfer the vibration. I wish I had used a sheet of foam in between layers of ply for mine.

It's a little pricey, but I use Dynamat in my TS, router table and other cabinets to reduce both vibration and noise. A combination of the mat and foam blankets has worked quite well for noise mitigation. You may be able to dampen some of that vibration with a retrofit in your cabinet (and yes I have applied it directly to wood).

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone any experience of the Incra LS router setup?

Like another user said above, I purchased my first one about 3 years ago, and I now have 2 of their router fence systems, and one of their table saw fences, and I can tell you from my experience with them, there is no other fence system made quite as good, IMHO. The build quality of the hardware, and the repeatability of the cuts that I get from them make them a required item in my shop now. Also, if you ever make a double-dovetail with it, you will be so impressed, you might just go on a box-building-binge like I did, because I thought that they were so neat and easy!