Howdy...

jcarpenter

How cool to have a place to introduce yourself. I can tell this must be an awesome community already!

I'm reasonably new to woodworking, although I've dabbled for many years. Now I am finally getting to the point where I want to purchase some "real" power tools, sorry Shannon.

I had a small table saw years ago, but it was a low end Craftsman and I sold it to a guy at work a few years back. Now I'm ready to purchase a new, bigger one and I'll hopefully get a jointer and planer too. I'm leaning towards the Grizzly line of hybrid saws and picking up a jointer and planer from them too.

I'm originally from Ohio, and have family back there on a farm with access to some hardwood, mostly cherry and maple. It was all milled by some local Amish folk. In fact I brought some of the maple back to Texas with me about seven years ago and it has just been sitting in my attic waiting (begging) to used. I can't wait to dive in and get started.

Looking forward to interacting with y'all. Talk or type to you soon...