Finished Kitchen Mantle shelves

shooterscott

How did you achieve the floating shelf, french cleat, or some other method? Did you use store bought mouldings, or did you make them yourself? What proccess did you use to achieve the antique look? By the way you did an exellent job the miters all look very crisp, and the finish really makes this project look like it's always been hanging in that spot.

Yes, I used a french cleat for them and to just make sure they stayed put I put three long screws in pocket holes into the studs, I made all the mouldings with different combinations of bits on my router tables I used General finishes version of antiche white milk paint and then high performance top coat and then used their VanDyke Brown glaze rubbed it out and then applied another coat of high performance to seal it.

How did you achieve the floating shelf, french cleat, or some other method? Did you use store bought mouldings, or did you make them yourself? What proccess did you use to achieve the antique look? By the way you did an exellent job the miters all look very crisp, and the finish really makes this project look like it's always been hanging in that spot.

Thank you, I went back and forth with that and went with the half tooth for these I think though if I were to do them again I might go the other way and use the full tooth.

Thanks for the comments, I'm always learning with this hobby.

Nice job on the dentil mold. I always try for a full tooth on the corners.

• 2 weeks later...