Toy Chest

dcustoms

Tomorrow is one of our closest friends daughter's first birthday party. For their son's I made him a solid oak rocking horse that will along with the cockroaches will survive the end of days. The problem is that I kind of set a precedent in making a gift for the first birthday. So today after I got my client work done in the shop I ran to the local Home Depot looking for large pine panels. I was originally going to make the toy chest frame and panel but did not have the opportunity to start until 3pm. So i had to revise the plan a bit. By plan of coarse, I mean making S@#*t up as I go. So I purchased two 24 by 72 by 11/16 panels.

I decided that I wanted the final dimensions around 32 wide by 16 deep by 18" seat height.

post-5375-0-04962600-1355629150_thumb.jp

no embelishments dustin? teddy bears or anything walking along the side? carving carnival horses on the lid come on you can stay up all night and work on this :) nothing like scrambling at the last min to make a project i still have cristmass gifts to make thinking everyone is geting a wood ring or key chain. and i havent planed anything out yet..................ha

still want to see your shop the pictures make it look like its in your living room what with the carpet and all under you table saw.

Thanks everyone. It's sometimes fun to just grab some wood and start building... It's even more fun when it all works out and gets done in time. What I like most about the project is it was simple. Pine panels from HD, jig saw, sander and glue and screw it together. The total cost for the project was about $55.00 less finish.