New-B from Phoenix

ducmons

Hi there.  Finally registered.  Been lurking around.

I enjoy woodworking, but haven't had a chance to really do a lot of finish work.  Got into it when I had to convert a pole barn into a live-able space.  But it was more of a "sink or swim" approach, so I learned just enough to get it liveable and then kinda quit.  A few years later, we moved to Phoenix into a real house. Been acquiring a few tools here and there, and I'm setting up my little shop in a metal 2 car garage (dang it's hot in there!)

Anyways...looking forward to the forum, and to learning from you guys & gals.

My shop is also a metal building, summers here are not like Phoenix but mid 90s is not uncommon.  On those days the shop roof would radiate so much that it was impossible for me to work in there.  Then I found a product called Snow Roof - a thick white 'paint' that reflects 95% of the infra-red. Now the roof gets only slightly warmer than the air temperature and working in there now is no problem. 

My shop is also a metal building, summers here are not like Phoenix but mid 90s is not uncommon.  On those days the shop roof would radiate so much that it was impossible for me to work in there.  Then I found a product called Snow Roof - a thick white 'paint' that reflects 95% of the infra-red. Now the roof gets only slightly warmer than the air temperature and working in there now is no problem. 

Awesome info!  Gonna look up Snow Roof.