FREE brand new 55 gallon fiber drum with locking lid

Eric.

Once again, laziness bites me on the ass.  I ordered the big boy instead of the 35 gallon because that would just mean less dumping.  Well, who would have figured that this monster would be too big for the space I need to put it?  I mean how many times do you have to see a 55 gallon drum before you remember how huge these things are?

Anyway, I ordered this from newpig.com...it was like 80 bucks, shipped.  I used the fact that it had a little gouge in it from shipping (superficial, not all the way through) for the reason I wanted to return it.  I felt a little guilty when they said to just keep it since it's "damaged" and they'd send me a refund.  So, bottom line, I have this brand new huge drum in my shop and nowhere to put it.

I don't know how much shipping would be...possibly cost prohibitive.  But if you're in the area and you want this thing, or if you wanna find out how much it would be to ship, it's yours.  It ain't heavy, it's just big.  It's gonna feel really stupid to hack it up into pieces and throw it in the dumpster, but that's what I'm gonna do in about a week if no one says they want it.  Takes up too much space to hold onto indefinitely.

2tbh.jpg

Well I'll put it this way, if someone was trying to bury me alive in the damn thing, hell yes I'm gonna get out of it. :lol:  But it's on there pretty good.  People use these things to fill with grain or chemicals or whatever up to something like a 300 lb capacity, so when it's locked, it's locked.

I left it up at the lumberyard last weekend to see if one of the customers wanted it.  Don't know if it's still there or not.  If it is, it's going in the dumpster tomorrow.

Bought myself a runt 35 gallon.  Bummer. <_<