Nik's Build - cherry

Been trying to get our garden started this week so haven't had much shop time... But I got my legs milled and glued up today. Now I need to clean the shop so it's usable. Hopefully I can cut my mortises tomorrow after some morning gardening. 7abe8u9a.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

My trip out to amish country ended up with my buying a lathe on steep discount... that required a weeklong detour of reorganizing portions of the shop and setting up the lathe and dust collection. :-D

post-1793-0-69556500-1401997924_thumb.jp

But after all that I managed to get back to the chair today. Finished milling the stool legs and got mortices in all of them :) 

post-1793-0-88014700-1401998015_thumb.jp

I've never had dust collection on my router before... but I picked up a used fein turbo a few months ago for sanding and I stumbled onto the fact that my router had an optional dust collection kit i had no idea about!!!! Not perfect dust collection but wow what a difference. It got 80-90% of the dust especially that nasty fine stuff! 

• Like 1

Looks like the Yoders in Berlin Ohio.  The wife and I will take Saturday motorcycle trips past Yoder's a few times each summer.  They are not open on Saturdays, i just like the smell.  From Yoder's go north on the back roads into Berlin and eat at Boyd and Wurthmann Resturaunt.  Great food and save room for pie. 

I wonder how many boards I can strap to the side of the bike to take home with me. <_<

Yea it's Yoders just south of charm. About an hour south of me... So not a quick run down the road for me but totally worth the drive for lumber. Prices and quality can't be beat! I picked up the lathe at keim in charm.... Amazing hardware store.... Between Keim 45min south of me and Heartville hardware 20min north of me... I'm kind of in woodworking heaven :-)

ymatudu6.jpg

Got all my rails milled and cut up today... I didn't get a chance to setup and cut the tennons this morning... Hopefully this weekend.

The only deviation I did was I figured the upper side rails should be able to be nested together and gotten out of one 8" wide board with a lot less waste! Hopefully it works out for me.

• 5 months later...

After a few month hiatus I finally dove back into my chair project today. Got the bending form finished, resawed the arms and ran them though the drum sander (after tuning up the bandsaw and drumsander), and got the first arm in glueup. Glad to be back in the workshop! 

post-1793-0-22324400-1415915291_thumb.jp

post-1793-0-69851800-1415915296_thumb.jp