Waterfall Table

Coop

I'm wondering how you plan to reference whatever saw is used so as to get 90 degree cut across the board.

When live edges are involved, one references from a center line. Snap a chalk line down the middle of the slab and make all cross cuts perpendicular thereunto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When live edges are involved, one references from a center line. Snap a chalk line down the middle of the slab and make all cross cuts perpendicular thereunto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I assumed a centerline reference would be desired. Just wondering what method would be used to physically hold the piece at 90* to the saw while cutting, since the edges are not straight. Since this application requires a VERY precise cut to work correctly, I personally would not be confident in just marking a line and cutting to it without some sort of fence or jig to guide the cut.
  • Like 1

If you've seen the jigs used to create a square edge on the length of a board using toggle clamps then you've basically seen the jig that will allow you to make 90s on a live edge board.  Works the same way just turned 90 and usually has some reference guides that go into the miter slots.