Would Festool ETS 125 be useful if I already have ETS 150/5?

estesbubba

So Festool has 40% a reconditioned ETS 125 sander which I'm thinking of getting. I already have an ETS 150/5 which I love the final surface after 180. I'm trying to figure out if I would use an ETS 125 that much if I got it. I have the hard pad for my 150/5 so it doesn't round the edges of narrow stock. Anyone have both and do you find both useful? What do you guys think?

Have both but only use one. I have yet to confront a situation where I said, "Hey, I want to use the smaller one!" The 150 does all that I ask of it. I do own a couple different pads but the one sander is all I ever use.

Do you use the 150/5 or 150/3? Been eying one for a while, and will prob get it in a package with a dust extractor.

I use the 150/5 which leaves a great finish and is a pleasure to use. A lot of people say get a 150/3 if a Rotex is in your future otherwise get a 150/5. Bob Marino recommended the 150/5 for my needs and said proper technique will get great results with it and he was right. Good news is you have 30 days to decide if it's the right one for you.

• Like 1

I use the 150/5 which leaves a great finish and is a pleasure to use. A lot of people say get a 150/3 if a Rotex is in your future otherwise get a 150/5. Bob Marino recommended the 150/5 for my needs and said proper technique will get great results with it and he was right. Good news is you have 30 days to decide if it's the right one for you.

This is correct. If you plan on a Rotex 125 or 150 then get the /3 model. They will compliment each other very well. I'll stick by the Rotex 90 for what you're looking for.