CraigsList Offer Opinions

I saw this offer online today. I have a single axle trailer that I don't need anymore. I had used it for my quad but I traded the quad away for a 14" sliding table saw. I already have a 18" Jet Band Saw and a 14" Delta with a riser kit. The Jeremy is considering trading for my trailer. I was going to sell the Delta and make the 20" saw dedicated to resawing. I made the offer after dialysis and now don't know if I did the right thing. I just want to make sure that you agree with my thinking that the 20" saw would be better for resawing and that the 18" saw can still take thin blades for regular band saw tasks. He will be here about 8 pm to look at the trailer. He wants a trailer for hauling around a quad just like it was made for. I may need some one to put me up for a while. Cause if I get the 20" saw it will have to go in her parking spot in the garage?

http://peoria.craigslist.org/tls/4765397686.html

Thats an unbelievable deal! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!  The motor alone is worth what you go that thing for, congrats. 

Well, if I don't get my shop stuff out of the semi trailer and it off our driveway, I bet my widow would sell it to you for a song. Tonight she hinted that she wanted it gone before our Christmas party on the 20th of December. My new shop floor won't finish curing until around the 3rd of December then I will have about two and half weeks to unload and arrange everything. But to complicate things I will have a lifting restriction until 9th of December following my stomach surgery later today. I think that my part of December pension check will go to Josh(friend and fellow retired vet) and his nephews to help unload and sort things. They will be much cheaper than Two Men and a Truck that loaded the trailer. My friend that put the heating system in told me today that we used almost twice the concrete estimated. Since he ate the overage, I am not having him pay for Two Men and Truck come back and unload the trailer. That reminds me that I need to update about the solar kiln/greenhouse.

I checked everything over on it. I can't find the Powermatic serial number plate but the motor on it has a manufacture date of 03/19/82.  The blade is trashed but you can expected that. The blade is a very high tooth count almost like a hacksaw blade. What blade would you recommend for resawing only? The pin that goes in the table in the blade slot is missing a bolt is in it's place/ Wheels turn freely and have quite a bit of momentum. I tried to stop them spinning and won't do that again. The upper tire has a ½" triangle missing every 3" to 4". What would cause this kind of wear?  The blade tracks straight. The blade tension wheel works smoothly and I was able to tighten the blade to the point that I could not deflect it. There is no saw dust in the machine so I expect it was used to cut metal. Is this any special cleaning need to make it a wood only tool. The 3 phase motor on it now is a 5-HP. If is a 1725 RPM motor as is the 7½-HP single phase motor that also came with it. Is there an danger with using the larger HP motor? Maybe PB can help me with this. Anyone know where I can get some original paint?

Thanks for your help. 

PS My friend that loans me his forklift says that I need to get Robin Leech to narrate my shop tour and buy his forklift or one of my own. 

This is a great video for setup stuff. Give it a looksie if you have a few minutes, wont hurt your day!  As for a blade, I couldn't even begin to speculate on a bandsaw of that nature. Perhaps give a cabinet shop a call and see what they have to say, I know a lot of those old timers enjoy a good conversation.