Old dog new tricks need help on warping

Carlo

Made about 8 jewelry boxes 8x12 with lid perimeter bulbinga 3/4 x about 2, routed edges and such. Center about 6x10 is 1/4 plywood on some and solid poplar on others with veneer on interior and marquetry on exterior. Actually turned out much nicer than I expected.  But, some warp about an 1/8 inch or a little more on some in the winter. And levels out in the summer. Not enough that my kids or grandkids notice, but I notice. So, old stupid doesn't know which wood is on which. Is the plywood or the solid wood moving with the season? or is it something else? It makes me crazy when I walk past my wifes box in the winter and see one corner of the box raised. So, anyone know what I've done wrong?? Thanks for any help.

post-18316-0-97941600-1438051219_thumb.j

It was just some1/4 pieces I had laying around that I used for the center. I haven't made one of these for a couple years but was going to make a couple more. Was going to use oak bottom with walnut splines and a walnut top. I'll use the plywood. Thanks for the help. Really wish I would have started doing this stuff when I was about 20.