Maloof rocker build question

Gentlemen,

My first post here, I hope it's in the appropriate section.

I'm getting ready to start my first Maloof inspired rocker build and am planning on ordering the plans from the guild build because of Marc's 10% donation to the Maloof foundation.

However, C. Brock's plans call for 8/4 stock in lieu of 10/4. (because it's more readily sourced)

I have access to plenty of 10/4 stock and was wondering if it's worth using a more traditional set of plans.

Any advice from those of you that have used either design will be much appreciated.

I used 10/4 for the whole thing. Seemed like a bit of a waste. Like Brendon said, the crest rail is the only piece you really NEED 10/4-12/4. I will be building a Hal Taylor rocker soon and will use all 8/4 but the crest rail is coopered. 

Here is my build 

16 minutes ago, Broadrick said:

TIODS, thank you for the welcome. 

Brendon and shaneymack,  that answers my question.   As long as it's only the crest rail that requires >8/4 stock I'll order the guild plans and get to work.  

Thank you gents.  

Don't make that your last post. We have a section called project journals. Take pictures often, update with progress.  If nothing else it let's you go back and show off the process.  Selfishly, we love watching.