Greetings

Welcome.  I was just eyeballing a lathe today.  You turners make it sound fun I just cant wait to pick one up.  Anyways welcome aboard,  I have no doubt youll find this a great place.

Nyles

nyles you should get a lathe is just so much fun.  its almost instant gratification you can take a chunk of raw wood.  you dont need to square it up or measure exact measurements.  and attach it to some kind of chuck or faceplate and start turning.  the only real hardpart is learning to sharpen but with the right jigs that is not even that hard.  if you do decide to get one let me know ill help you pick out the stuff you need to do anything you want to do.  turning is probably the only wood working you can start with the log and have a finished project everytime in a matter of a few hours.

• Like 1

Duckkisser you made it just sound even better LOL!  Yea i was shopping craigslist yesterday and came across what I thought was a smoking deal but it wasnt listed today.  I should have called yesterday.  Im keeping my eyes open and youll be the first to hear as soon as I bring in a new member to the family so to speak.  I am however torn between getting a jointer though so its really a matter of which presents its self first and or is the better deal.  It is on the list though and I am hoping its not long before I too am bitten by the turning bug.

Nyles