Greetings from Milwaukie, Oregon

Gregory P.

Howdy folks. I heard about this site while listening to Woodtalk podcasts, checked it out and I like it.

I got my start in woodworking a number of years back when an old Craftsman contractor saw was suppose to be temporarily stored in my garage.

It's been downhill since.

While I agree that one can not have enough clamps, I think DC is a the key to a healthy, productive shop. I have the single stage HF DC unit fixed up with a Wynn Environmental cartridge filter and Thien baffle. I hook it up to each tool as needed. DC is one of my ongoing battles. I am always looking for better DC solutions.

My shop, like most everyone's, is in the garage. I converted a two car garage into a shop, leaving roughly a quarter of as a utility room and the rest shop. Double walled and pocket door separate the shop from the house.

My latest shop project was putting together a remote start for my DC. Having read some concerns about the remote AC switches available on the market, I found a solution by a fellow wood worker that addressed the short comings of the manufactured unit. It cost a little more than the one most wood workers are using, but it is built like a tank and will last forever. Now I can start/stop the DC from anywhere in my shop with the push of a button.

I have built a variety of projects, and have a number of projects in various states of progress. Tables, chairs, instrument speaker cabinet, lap steel guitars, boxes, guitar amp cabinet, jigs and DC collection solutions.

Anyway, for me it is a hobby. I find woodworkers to be a generally clever lot, so there is great value in reading of their trials, failures and successes. And when I think I can provide value to a topic or discussion, I like to share my experiences.

Anyway, I look forward to reading and sharing.

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro.