Greetings from West TN

wtnhighlander

Hello all!

I have recently discovered this forum, via the Wood Whisperer web site. I find it very helpful to have such a resource on the internet, where people are actually focused on a topic and willing to help each other out, rather than generate continual 'flame wars' as I have seen elsewhere.

I live near Jackson, TN. I have been a 'utility grade' woodworker for a good while, and would like to get into some finer aspects of the craft. Anyone know of good resources that I might find within a reasonable drive? Woodworking supply stores, lumber yards, or schools would be nice to know about.

Thanks to all,

Ross McCormick

(a.k.a. wtnHighlander)

"people are actually focused on a topic and willing to help each other out, rather than generate continual 'flame wars' as I have seen elsewhere."

Hello Ross, 

Welcome to the forum. Your statement hits the nail on the head, this is indeed a happy place and constructive place. Looking forward to you participation.

• 8 months later...

Ross... keep your eye out for "The Cisco Kid"  He runs this place and is sneaky, you never know where he'll pop up!  I don't know if you have the time to travel to Nashville... But the Woodcraft store holds classes.. for a price!  They seem to be decent as far as specific information is concerned.. Check out their website for time and class subject!   Richard