Go to first unread reply

kep1019

• 5 years later...

He's not looking for new content, Terry...he's looking to jump to the first unread post in a thread that he's already visited.

For threads that you have not posted in, there will be a little blue dot to the left of the thread title.  For threads that you have posted in, it will be a little blue star.  Click on either of those instead of the thread title and it will jump to your first unread post.

In either case you have to be logged in for that to work.

• Like 1

And just for the record, that has been buggy off and on lately. (Not tied to the forum move. I have not seen this since the forum move.) I have not seen it enough to report it as an ongoing problem. I think I see it most often in that 83 page hijack thread. Occasionally even the blue dot or star will just load the first post and require some navigation. Just occasionally, and maybe only on large threads. 

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

For threads that you have not posted in, there will be a little blue dot to the left of the thread title.  For threads that you have posted in, it will be a little blue star.  Click on either of those instead of the thread title and it will jump to your first unread post.

In either case you have to be logged in for that to work.

Excellent - thanks Eric.  I've seen the blue dot but didn't realize it was clickable.