Coarse Medium and Fine

Llama

I think the most important key to this DVD is the principle that 90% of the work is done with the coarse tool (whatever you use), 8% of the work is done with medium, and the fine is the last 2%.  This is at the heart of efficient working and when working by hand you need all the efficiency you can get unless you are in it for the cardiovascular work out.

Your view is certainly the "heart" of the message on the DVD. The real breakthrough for me, was actually taking a shaving and measuring it. That way you know how much you are removing, and this indicates when to proceed to the next tool.

The other important point of the DVD (for me) was how the scale of the work determines which tools I need. Very informative DVD. Well worth the purchase price.

The real breakthrough for me, was actually taking a shaving and measuring it. That way you know how much you are removing, and this indicates when to proceed to the next tool.

Wow - never even occurred to me to do that! Of course it seems obvious now.  Right, lets add some accurate calipers to my shopping list.