What businesses do you admire?

wintersedge

I'm well know for liking Lee Valley and SawStop. Both have given me excellent service through the years. One time LV actually sent me a check. I ordered something from them and like 3 months later they dropped the price a few bucks. They actually sent me a check for the difference. I had no idea the price dropped it was pretty amazing.

If you call Sawstop you get a really knowledgable person who can actually help you.

I like the Woodsmith Store here in Des Moines. If you go there looking for woodworking tools and supplies, guess who you get to talk to? ... A WOODWORKER!

Thanks Chuck and wintersedge, Now I need a new wallet.

I got a Saddleback wallet for Xmas last year. (Our budgets didn't allow my wife to pop for the briefcase.) It's fantastic. Thick to get used to at first because it's such heavy leather, but it will last forever.

My wife picked it up the other day and it hit her it would last forever. She said, "How will I decide who gets it?" (I have three sons) It truly is an heirloom piece. All of their stuff is, and their service is fantastic.

And Mel, I want to see a picture of your bag! What size did you go with?

And Mel, I want to see a picture of your bag! What size did you go with?

My comment about the bag was in reference to Chucks comment about his bag costing more than his wifes. She has the expensive stuff.

However, I do need a new wallet. I am thinking of that trifold. I'll take some more looks at the website, but it looks like I found the right place!

My comment about the bag was in reference to Chucks comment about his bag costing more than his wifes. She has the expensive stuff.

However, I do need a new wallet. I am thinking of that trifold. I'll take some more looks at the website, but it looks like I found the right place!

D'OH! Misread that! Sorry.

Chuck, I need to see your Saddleback briefcase! ;)

• Like 1

I have the XL classic briefcase. If I bought it again, I may have gotten the medium one, as the large really is cavernous. The laptop in the second photo is a Retina Macbook Pro if that helps you get a sense of the size.

Unless I am traveling for more than two days, this is usually the only bag I take. It was my five year anniversary gift from my employer. I work for awesome people.

post-13757-0-76902400-1389132286_thumb.j

post-13757-0-11809500-1389132288_thumb.j

Costco.   From what I understand they pay their people fairly (for a big retailer), their prices are fair and they try to focus on quality products.   their store brand (kirkland) is one of the few store brands I trust.  Contrast that to HD or Lowes, where it seems you are often getting something with a lower specification when you buy their exclusive brands or model numbers.