Does this make me a geek?

nulldev

• 3 weeks later...

That would be awesome if his kid is really named Luke... :lol:

Actually, my son's name really is Luke, but we named him for the writer of the Gospel, not for Star Wars.

And to show my geeky side...the line is not "Luke, I'm your father!" It's, "No, I am your father!" It's one of those movie lines no one gets right, like in Casablanca. No one ever says, "Play it again, Sam." Bogart only ever says, "Play it Sam" (I think).

Tony

Actually, my son's name really is Luke, but we named him for the writer of the Gospel, not for Star Wars.

And to show my geeky side...the line is not "Luke, I'm your father!" It's, "No, I am your father!" It's one of those movie lines no one gets right, like in Casablanca. No one ever says, "Play it again, Sam." Bogart only ever says, "Play it Sam" (I think).

Tony

If you tell us your daughter is named Leia you win the award for ultimate geek! :lol:

Vader- If you only knew the power of the dark side. Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke- He told me enough! He told me you killed him.

Vader- No. I am your father.

Luke- No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!

Vader- Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Luke- No! No! No!

:P

"No way, eh? Come over to the dark side of the Force, eh?"

Courtesy of "Strange Brew: the Adventures of Bob And Doug MacKenzie" (spelling?)

And you are only a geek if you admit it. By the way, check out Instructibles.com They have several "how-to"s on making R2-D2. And the latest Make magazine has a photo of Adam Savage and his "accurate reproduction" of R2, which took him (according to the caption) six years to make, including rust/oxidation...