Compressor

Renzo

I'm thinking of picking up this compressor from makita as it's on sale for 20% off at HD.

I'll be using it for finishing nails mainly but wondering how you think it'd do with small spray jobs?

It's listed at 4.2 SCFM @90psi and 4.8 @40psi. Some small spray guns seem to be within this range.

Anyone have this model or have an opinion either way?

Don't buy it, if you are thinking spraying is in your future, go bigger, say a 20 gal for hobby use. Take a look on Craigs list, usually by me there is always compressors for sale. Those small (pancake) compressors are good for nail-guns and portability, job to job, but that is about all they are good for. That's just me.

-Ace-

Not sure about using it with a spray gun, but I have the Bostitch U/CPACK300 compressor & gun combo. I picked it up Refurbed with a 18-gauge 2-in Brad Nailer, 18-gauge 1-1/2-in Finish Stapler, and 2-1/2-in 16-Gauge Straight Finish Nailer from CPO Bostitch for $199. I haven't put a lot of use into it yet, but it seems to work very well. You can see the same deal I got here - http://dws.tc/air