live chat?

AlanZ

I'm not having any success connecting to thewoodwhisperer.com/live

Is this still being used?

One one computer, it locks up Java when I submit my member name

On another computer it locks up when I submit the password

Any thoughts, or is this feature not being used, perhaps supplanted by this forum's chat (I never see anyone on the forum chat)

Thanks

The "backdoor" still opens the same Java applet so it should lock up about the same way. Parachat is annoying in that it seems to require the latest version of Java at all times. Try updating your Java installation and I think you'll have success. Whenever this happened to me in the past, a Java update fixed it.

Sorry about this Alan. The live page is alive and well. We know the chat is not on the most user-friendly platform, but for the sake of making our lives simple we are sticking with it for now. Ultimately, we hope to bring the live page functionality over to the forum, utilizing the forum's built-in chat system. But for now, hopefully, the Java update will fix that issue for you.

Sorry about this Alan. The live page is alive and well. We know the chat is not on the most user-friendly platform, but for the sake of making our lives simple we are sticking with it for now. Ultimately, we hope to bring the live page functionality over to the forum, utilizing the forum's built-in chat system. But for now, hopefully, the Java update will fix that issue for you.

Marc, is there any schedule to the Live video and Chat? I have popped in there a couple times a day over the past couple weeks and every time I do it always says "Off Air". Or do you have to be a Guild Member to see either?

-- Andrew

Ustream's broadcast page lets you tweet what you're (supposedly!) doing. Marc usually tweets when he's in there. Follow his Twitter stream @ WoodWhisperer

Edit; no you don't have to be a guild member to watch the live stream on the live page... although you get free Hot Tamales if you're a guild member ;)

• Like 1