Hello from Alberta Canada

jusfine

Hello to all! I recently joined the Guild, and now here I am on this forum.

I have been in the construction industry in Alberta for many years. Framing, finishing, and commercial construction, contracting, always working for myself.

As I obtained my journeyman's ticket in carpentry, I am fully "paper trained".

It really is amazing how much I have learned from the forums and podcasts from various parts of the world, and if I can, I hope to be a helpful part of this community as well.

My shop is built in the loft of our old barn, and I really enjoy spending my spare time there, whether it is puttering around fixing something, making a new or improved jig for something, or learning how to use my tools.

My tool collection may be a little more extensive than some, as I needed some of them for my work, but I am a toolaholic, and love to buy new tools.

I attempted to attach a couple shop photos, but got an Internal Server Error.

Welcome! You'll find a few other canucks in here (I'm a transplant canuck from Calgary).

For the pictures, the help section has a thread with help on posting pictures. Most likely, your pictures were too large; generally you'll need to save them in a "for web" size. Would love to see the pictures of the loft shop. Hopefully it's heated so you don't lose the winter woodworking season. :)