Glen-Drake hand saw

Craig

I have not purchased one but I did try it at a Lie-Nielson Hand Tool Event. I am not talking about his double handle saw; I am talking about this saw:

Article showing Glen-Drake's new saw

It was smooth and easy to use. His idea is basically that the Toe and Heel (front and back) of the blade don't have any teeth. That way the saw is already in motion when the teeth cut the wood (as long as you use the full length of the blade, which you should). It is very easy to use in combination with his Kerf-Starter.

Here is an article showing Glen-Drake's method for cutting dovetails which includes his Kerf-Starter. In this article he uses his double handed saw but the idea is the same.

Article showing Glen-Drake's method

I also test-drove this saw at WIA last month. I was impressed. I ordered one on the spot and it showed up a week or two later. There's nothing gimmicky about this saw. It cuts great and feels very natural. My preference among dovetail saws is still my Bad Axe 12" closed handled model, but this new Glen-Drake is a quality saw.

-Mike

I tried out this saw (the one from the PopWood article) at the WIA Conference and was surprised that it worked so well because it looks so different. It took a little while to get the hang of it, but it does work well. I do not plan to buy one, however, because I like the look of traditional hand tools.

IIRC - you are a bit delayed in posting the video I took of you trying both that saw and the double-barrelled DT saw.

Inquiring minds want to see! ;)