20 minute tote

Tom Cancelleri

That looks great. Where did you get the sand blasting done? Hopefully we will see this doing some work on the new bench.

I used to have a media blasting cabinet in my shop. I gave it to my dad to make more space. I used it to restore some planes, a metal vise, and some other misc stuff.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

It's really comfortable. Once the roundovers were done it fit just right. I used some 80 grit and hand sanded it to blend the roundovers a bit more. +1 to Lee Valley. 

For the plans. Go here, they have all the different totes for all Stanley and Veritas planes.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=63262

Well done sir.  Now go getcha a Hock blade for that bad boy.  Or maybe a LN blade fits?  That blade looks paper thin.

Yep, that blade is really thin. When I got my LV planes I looked at the blades and thought wow, now that's a blade! I was looking at Hock blades last night. The plane is a beast, and works really well. I had actually changed the frog on it to one with an adjustable blade lever after I restored it.

Hey that turned out great.

FYI for those who want to restore an old plane for function as opposed to collectability, the iron castings are quite easy to drill and tap for use with commonly available bolt / screw threads. If you don't mind the modification, its a lot simpler than tracking an original screw down on ebay.