Notification Feature

Woodenskye

Would other members like to see if a notification system (not PM) could be added. Basically you would be able to do an @forumname in a response to a comment in a post, if you had a follow up question for that person. Example: Jim mentioned a finishing technique to a question asked by Joe, and he has a follow up question for Jim so he can go @jim and that would notify him of a response.

Maybe we need to do a poll and if it has enough support can be added.

Go to "my settings " in your profile page I think. Left column near the bottom, notifications, change the settings to what you want. At the top of the main Forum page next to the PM envelope is where the notifications shows up.

Ask and ye shall receive !

The notification system is pretty hardy but I don't think it's what Woodenskye is looking for. He wants to be notified whenever he's "tagged" in much the same way Facebook and Twitter work. Unfortunately that's not how the forum works and it isn't something that can be added (unless the forum software people decide to add it). The way this works in the forum is if someone replies to you directly by using the quote feature, you can be notified if you have your notification settings set accordingly.