Sony Playstation Network

Mzdadoc

UGH!!!!! One of my ways to relax and has been since "Pong" is gaming. Not a huge gamer any more but I still really enjoy it when I feel like being lazing and it's winter.

Black Ops 3 just came out and I went to download it for my PS4 11/6/15 but I kept getting an error code. I figured it was because of it being a new game and the system was bogged down. Well I kept trying and even tried a different card until it worked.

Then of coarse I check my account (check card) and it actually dinged my card every time I tried for the $59.99. Long story short Sony couldn't see all of the charges and said it was my banks fault. I contacted the bank and they checked into it and is getting the money back. Last night I tried to log on and it tells me my account is suspended. Turns out Sony got mad because my bank took my money back (which I haven't gotten yet) and so they took there toys and went home.

You gotta love big computer companies!!!!! They don't have to be right or wrong if they disagree with you they kick you out.

Don't get me started on talking to tech support from 3rd world countries who just keep repeating the same scripted response!!!!

Rant over!!! Thanks for listening/reading.....

Don't buy digital items through Sony.

If you do buy digital, do it through their web store. It's a much better experience.

I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks

that stinks.  I'll be waiting for you on xbox live ;-)

The kids don't know it obviously since Christmas isn't here yet but we bought the family a Xbox 1

• Like 2

I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks

The kids don't know it obviously since Christmas isn't here yet but we bought the family a Xbox 1

There's a decent sale going on right now if you bought Xbox Live. If not, the sale starts on the 24th. There's also some $.10 games on sale on the Windows 10 store.

Happy(ier) gaming!

• Like 1

I am not a fan of the PS, or the PSN. X-Box all the way. They got their problems too, of course. But I doubt I'll ever switch off of it. I'm a pretty big gamer. Not like I used to be though. 

I had one x-box live issue where MS charged me for Live after I had input one of those XBL cards and the support desk took a ton of time to try and walk me through why I was charged because I was too stupid to get it at first. Turned out they charge you upfront for month 1, then don't charge you for month two until month 3 and so on. So if I cancel right this second, I still get charged next month for the current month. It's weird. But the dude was nice and helped me out when he could have just said, "NOOOOOO SHUTUP NOOB"

One more reason not to waste your life on that garbage.  Thanks for reminding me why I don't.  Who needs PS when there's wood to mangle?  Get out in the shop yo!

Hey are you Picking on me..lol  I have made some fancy door stops.  besides I'm a collector of sorts.. Didn't you know I'm only here E to keep the forum in balance. What if this place runs out of noobs. or waste of time posts. :lol:

• Like 1

One more reason not to waste your life on that garbage.  Thanks for reminding me why I don't.  Who needs PS when there's wood to mangle?  Get out in the shop yo!

Literally everything in life is a waste. Once you realize this, you understand all things are equally worth your time. 

Edited by Cliff

Literally everything in life is a waste. Once you realize this, you understand all things are equally worth your time. 

On a long enough timeline, in the existential sense...yes, I agree with you...life is pointless.  In the meantime, there are certain activities that yield a sense of accomplishment or objects that can enrich your life, and other activities that don't.  The only things video games yield is a fat ass, poor eyesight and anti-social behavior.  I suppose the latter can be true of woodworking too. :P  But point made.

what a bleak and depressing outlook.  there are so many worthwhle things to do and accomplish in this life.

Not at all. It's possible to say "Hey don't matter what you do because we're all going to die anyway" and not use it as an excuse to do nothing. It just is. It doesn't have to be positive or negative. The inevitability of it should be empowering. We're gifted with absolute knowledge in this one particular area of our life, and instead we shy away from it and make up stories for what happens after, etc. Meanwhile, if my impact on the planet is limited - and I do want it to be limited as I have no interest in fame - then what I do does not really matter. Therefore, I should do things that I enjoy, regardless of what anyone else thinks of that hobby. So yeah I'll play video games for a solid week from time to time, because I enjoy hanging with my friends and doing that. And I won't look at it and think "man what a waste of time." What was I going to do with that time? Build a starship and discover new galaxies? Naaa. 

Which is why I do my best to never criticize someone's choice of hobby. Cause their hobby is not any less or more "worthy" than my chosen ones. Though I seriously do question one of my friends gaming most of his life and watching anime the rest - because there just aren't that many good games and I hate anime. :) But I still try not to tell him he's stupid. 

• Like 2

Well said, Cliff.  I do agree with that.

Video games are still stupid and a waste of life. :D

I'm cool with you thinking that because although you say it - you don't shove it down the throat of anyone and belittle them. There is a lot of that in our culture (America, not this site culture) where people are looked down on and made to feel bad about what they do. I'm sure you can go somewhere and get relentlessly teased for playing with wood. IKEA convention maybe. :D

Let me also say that my number 1 criteria for hobbies nowadays is that I never want it to consume my life. That includes woodworking. I spent 2.5 years of my life playing Diablo II, and 2 years playing World of Warcraft. I never want to reach that level of obsession with anything ever again. I turned to woodworking because I have the urge to make things that are real and since I can't find anything that looks the way I want, I might as well make it. But the second I spend every bit of free time in the shop then I've taken it too far. Because that means I'm ignoring either my wife or my friends or something else. So I'm pretty good with 2 hours per day, and usually 6 or so hours on the weekend. 

I play poker with my buddies once every month or two on average.  It's a great time and I don't consider it a waste of time even though the drinking kind of ruins me for two or three days.  It's a sacrifice I'm usually willing to make even though I do feel regret when it causes me to lose productive time.  Life is too short for a whole day on the couch.

I think if gamers played with similar frequency, they wouldn't be met with the scorn and ridicule that they do.  People see a person who spends every spare moment of his life staring at a video game as a worthless lump...kind of the posterboy of useless American cultural waste.  Fair or not, that's how they're seen.  And honestly, these people are fairly useless in the context of society.  They keep Pizza Hut in business but otherwise they don't offer much to anybody.

But like you said, it matters not.  If that's what they wanna do then fine with me.  I just know that for me personally, I'd wanna put a bullet through my head if my life was so utterly meaningless.  At least woodworking yields something tangible.  If not pointless in the existential sense - at the very least, during the short time we're here on this speck of dust hurling through space - it does produce something that can fill another person's heart with joy.

Cliff, if you get banned and you lose your previous purchases, you may not have a lot of recourse. I'd file a complaint with your state AG if you don't make any headway. Good luck.

It's one of the huge disadvantages with going digital vs physical, although I do indeed enjoy the massive convenience digital has. 

I like to hang out with all the other worthless turds on NeoGAF. ;)

I play poker with my buddies once every month or two on average.  It's a great time and I don't consider it a waste of time even though the drinking kind of ruins me for two or three days.  It's a sacrifice I'm usually willing to make even though I do feel regret when it causes me to lose productive time.  Life is too short for a whole day on the couch.

I think if gamers played with similar frequency, they wouldn't be met with the scorn and ridicule that they do.  People see a person who spends every spare moment of his life staring at a video game as a worthless lump...kind of the posterboy of useless American cultural waste.  Fair or not, that's how they're seen.  And honestly, these people are fairly useless in the context of society.  They keep Pizza Hut in business but otherwise they don't offer much to anybody.

But like you said, it matters not.  If that's what they wanna do then fine with me.  I just know that for me personally, I'd wanna put a bullet through my head if my life was so utterly meaningless.  At least woodworking yields something tangible.  If not pointless in the existential sense - at the very least, during the short time we're here on this speck of dust hurling through space - it does produce something that can fill another person's heart with joy.

I too do poker, used to be once a week but not as reliable anymore. :( 

I don't get the "lose productive time." Not getting paid. It's just a hobby. I group woodworking, gaming, poker, reading, comics, watching tv/movies, guitar and such into "hobby - things I do in spare time." As long as I spend that spare time doing something from that category instead of say... programming or cleaning the house or doing yardwork. I'm pretty pleased. Ultimately I know that more "shop time" means "more money spent" anyway, because wood is just not cheap. If I got to your level of project builds, I literally could not afford to keep up unless I got auction-level deals on material. 

I have never noticed life is too short, it's long and drawn out. I don't want to, personally, classify things I do as a hobby into "productive" vs "couch" because the goal of all those activities is to enjoy myself. Some days I enjoy spending 15 hours in bed. It's wonderful. Other times I am up and out by 6am on a Saturday. Both days have a place in my life.

I've never cared too much about what society thinks of any habits. You really can't win if you do. What one person finds to be a complete waste of time, another turns into a full time $250k/year job (thinking crazy gamer guys that pull down that.) I'm a senior level programmer for the US government, and I guess, development lead. Meaning, people are supposed to come ask me for help with their multi-million dollar projects while I do my own. Sometimes, I take 5 days off and game 17 hours per day. Am I a loser? Sometimes, I take off half a day early so I can go home and glue wood together, only to mess it up and have to buy new wood and glue that together too. Am I a loser then? What about when I take a vacation day to go to St. Louis and buy a jointer? 

I mean, I just don't see the difference. Like I said, all life is meaningless. You can either choose that to mean that nothing you do has meaning - or everything you do has the exact same meaning. But if I ever wake up and think, "man this game I'm playing right now is not worth my time." I will stop playing. Because it IS worth my time. 

And like you mention, woodworking does produce tangible results, and as I've grown older, that drew me in. I thought about this hobby for at least two years before I made the decision to just do it. I felt less and less enjoyment because I spent all my time gaming or reading comics or whatever. I wanted something different. I wanted to be justice, I wanted to be the night, I wanted to be Bat- no wait. That's been drilled in my psyche. Anyway, I felt the need to create physical things and hopefully do it well one day. As a result, balance was restored to my existence. The time I spend video gaming is much more fun because it's much more rare. 

I tend to have a different outlook on a whole lot of things. I don't say that is good or bad, just how I am. This is one in particular. I truly believe the answer to so many thing is, "who cares, still going to die right? So I'll do whatever makes me happy right this second." I'm fortunate that my interests lie in things that don't seem to hurt people. 

• Like 1