She finally arrived!

Janello

1 hour ago, cjtboy said:

Interesting - I recently got the same unit, and mine is hugging the Left guide even after I tried to adjust to run more in the center.  Seems to work fine and doesn't appear to be pulling further left so I just decided to leave as is, but let me know if you figure this out!

Other than that I was getting some snipe at first too on both ends of boards, but once I released most of the tension on the rollers that cleared up nicely. So far so good.

I just tried it again. I loosened both tension nuts until the belt was visually loose. physically pulled the belt with my hands about 1/4" away from the black bar on the right, tensioned the belt leaving the right side a bit more tensioned. That should have kept the belt centered or if anything drifting to the left. I ran a board threw a few times and it went right back over to the bar on the right. It doesn't rub on it where it is making noise, so to hell with it, that's where it's staying. 

Until someone can prove otherwise, belt tracking gets a big fat D- from me, everything else, above my expectations so far.

23 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Does it only do it when a board is going through as if the sanding head is pushing it or will it float over without sanding?  If it just floats, that sounds like the belt is smaller on one side than the other, which would be weird.

Interesting thought. It seems as though it does it under use only. But the head is set parallel, and my rollers are tensioned evenly.

I have a Delta drum sander and this is what I do.

At this point, deal with the conveyor and keep tuning it in. I go through this when I put a new conveyor on. Then it breaks in and settles down.

It will eventually find a sweet spot and stay put. But I do have to re-align from time to time. Hey it's like making sure your table saw blade is set at 90 deg or your miter slide. Not a big deal.

-Ace-

• Like 1

The nice thing with the tracking on this machine is those ceramic guides underneath seem to keep everything from going too far either direction.  This is honestly the only reason I noticed the belt pulling left on mine - I started seeing a touch of white residue on the far left side of the belt. Looked more closely and the belt was just starting to rub against the tracker on that side.

Ace has a great point about the break in period on the belts.  I think I saw something on this in the manual and totally forgot (ignored?).