quick & easy contemporary hat & coat racks

Eric.

1 minute ago, Mike. said:

The one benefit of getting old and fat is you rarely need a coat.  Even on 10F days I am fine outside with long sleeves and gloves.  No jacket required :)

I still need to make a coat rack ..... I have some cherry scrap and a weekend coming up with the house to my self.

I'm usually good down to 40F with a sweater but it depends on the activity level. I used to play hockey out side when it was 0F in nothing but a t-shirt.

Yeah I don't wear a coat very often either.  Not because I don't get cold but I find lugging a coat around all day is a PITA.  You don't wear the coat in your car because that's uncomfortable and you have a heater in there.  You don't wear a coat when you reach your destination...you're probably going inside and they have a heater in there.  So unless you're going somewhere to hang out outside, you're essentially bringing your coat for the ten seconds it takes you to walk from your front door to your car.

But I love coats and jackets, and I have like twenty or more of them. LOL

3 hours ago, Eric. said:

Yeah I don't wear a coat very often either.  Not because I don't get cold but I find lugging a coat around all day is a PITA.  You don't wear the coat in your car because that's uncomfortable and you have a heater in there.  You don't wear a coat when you reach your destination...you're probably going inside and they have a heater in there.  So unless you're going somewhere to hang out outside, you're essentially bringing your coat for the ten seconds it takes you to walk from your front door to your car.

But I love coats and jackets, and I have like twenty or more of them. LOL

Yep.  I hate the way coats restrict movement.  I have a Wrangler blue jean jacket for colder days in Georgia.  If it's too cold for that, I'm staying home, warming up some Winter Jack, lighting the fire and relaxing.  It's probably the result of living in the South my whole life - and age.

A couple of winters ago we had the "polar vortex". Like 15" of snow and it was well below zero.  The wife sent me to the store to get something.  Inside the house I am always in shorts and a T shirt, yesr round.  I did not want to change.  So I went to the store in shorts, sandals, a t shirt and a flannel.  Someone got stuck in the snow.  I hopped out of my car and pushed him out.   He looked at me like I was from another planet.  I hate sweating but cold does not bother me at all.  

Man you all live in a different climate then i do. My pickups engine doesn't generate enough heat to keep up with how cold it is outside. I have probably 10 different jackets for different types of weather. I enjoy being warm and will drag a jacket everywhere so i don't have to worry about the cold.

I learned how to layer. I wear coats but abhor bulk. The right layers make a difference. Body type makes a huge difference. You have to find what works for you. I'd be trading trucks though, unless you are talking short commutes. Heated seats are so easy to get in climates that are that cold.