auto maintenance and troublehooting

JosephThomas

Just now, Chestnut said:

They make street versions. Think new school hotrod. :D

Sorry, they're rice burning garbage and not real HotRods..  I have kids that love them but, would chew them up all day with a big block!  They have a place but the "HotRod" category isn't one of them. 

5 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Sorry, they're rice burning garbage and not real HotRods..  I have kids that love them but, would chew them up all day with a big block!  They have a place but the "HotRod" category isn't one of them. 

Ya know what, i totally agree i just wanted to stick my toe in the hornets nest for a second. Nothing beats the old hot rods in the cool factor. In the end if it's got 4 wheels burns fuel and goes fast I'm gonna like it 4 cyl or 12.

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Ya know what, i totally agree i just wanted to stick my toe in the hornets nest for a second. Nothing beats the old hot rods in the cool factor. In the end if it's got 4 wheels burns fuel and goes fast I'm gonna like it 4 cyl or 12.

lol - No hornets nest here..  I have a love for speed as well..  Some "terms" should be respected tho. ;)

28 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

You could have the old battery hooked up to a VAT tester just to be sure.

Yeah that was done...the results were middling, at best. I don't know the age of the battery, except to say that it wasn't "brand new" when I bought the car 1.5 years ago.  ...more importantly, my wife drives this car and is 9 months pregnant, so I have no problem replacing the batter a little early, if it is even early, hard to tell.

2 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

Yeah that was done...the results were middling, at best. I don't know the age of the battery, except to say that it wasn't "brand new" when I bought the car 1.5 years ago.  ...more importantly, my wife drives this car and is 9 months pregnant, so I have no problem replacing the batter a little early, if it is even early, hard to tell.

9 months pregnant = do what ever the hell it takes! ;)

22 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

That's clearly the right call.  Even without the bun in oven,  if the vat comes back inconsistent, swap the battery.