Atlanta'ish

dublinmark

• 1 month later...

New here and just wanted to start a thread for those of us in the Atlanta area to communicate what is going on here.

I'm around 75/285 and have a nice basement workshop, just for fun.

Look forward to hearing from ya'll!

I'm a little north of you, up US23, in Waynesville, NC... Ok, Ok, maybe that's three hours north of you, but Atlanta is pretty much the closest big city to me... So that counts, right???

Best,

Gregory

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The Atlanta chapter of the Modern Woodworkers Association meets for breakfast monthly.  We typically meet the second Saturday of the month at the Boulevard Diner in Norcross, about 9am.  The MWA was launched with folks from this forum, so it's a good crowd.  For more info and to get on the e-mail list for a reminder, contact Chris Adkins at highrockwoodworking@gmail.com.

Anybody in the Atlanta area is welcome to join us!  If you are from elsewhere and have access to a private jet come on by also.  You're buying.

9am on a Saturday? I will be in bed with a beautiful woman , breakfast with a bunch of dusty woodworkers is out of the question.

If y'all ever decide to do a lunch or dinner give me a shout.

I am going to be cleaning out a bunch of scrap ply and wood in the coming months from my cabinet shop. I would rather give it to fellow forum guys than fill up the dumpster. Email or message me your contact info if you are interested.

I'm in LaGrange. Would love to have some fellow sawdust makers to get together with but it's a pretty serious drive from here to Norcross. What would be really cool though is to meet at someone's shop for discussion, tips, techniques, etc. maybe once a month or something like that.

wdwerkr, I'd be willing to come and get your scrap. I do a lot of small projects and I also like to use scrap/cutoffs to learn new joinery methods. Let me know when you'd like to coordinate something. My email is tuckstraditions@icloud.com. Email me and I'll send my phone number.

• 7 months later...