TEKNATOOL DVR 2024 Lathe

Rex Edgar

My lathe is about 3 years old. The spindle lock base is very loose. I removed the end plate screws from the headstock hoping to turn the plate so as to get at the necessary fastener to tighten. While I am there, I may as well replace the power cord as it is becoming stiff. I looked up the website and see that the handwheel is threaded on. Anyone know which threads (L or R)? And is there a fastener to tighten? There seems to be no information on the TEKNA website, that I can find....

2 hours ago, Rex Edgar said:

My lathe is about 3 years old. The spindle lock base is very loose. I removed the end plate screws from the headstock hoping to turn the plate so as to get at the necessary fastener to tighten. While I am there, I may as well replace the power cord as it is becoming stiff. I looked up the website and see that the handwheel is threaded on. Anyone know which threads (L or R)? And is there a fastener to tighten? There seems to be no information on the TEKNA website, that I can find....

On my Nova DVR the hand wheel is reverse threaded, I have read of other folks having problems with a loose spindle lock so I pulled the cover to have a look see.  Looks like it is just a nut to tighten.  Gave me a chance to clean it up a bit.

DSC_0479.JPG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rex Edgar said:

Thanks for the reply. I removed the hand wheel and cleaned the area as well as snugging the spindle lock bezel. I also want to replace the cord while in the area. The most common 12/3 is too thick on the outer diameter,s o I am looking into the options.

I have been debating if I should switch mine over to 240.  I just don't know if going from 1,75hp to 2 is worth the effort.