A Hot Stripper

AceHoleInOne

The old timer who lived here before, rolled and brushed paint over stained and top coated doors. Needless to say, his surface prep was nothing. End result, the paint has let go!

You may have seen me post many times to use a good stripper containing methylene chloride. Forget the Citristrip.

Stop sanding your brains out. This goes down faster than a fat kid on a seesaw. No dust, no box of sanding disks, no wear and tear on a sander.

Same thing holds true removing an old finish on furniture. Try it, you may thank yourself one day.

Please read and understand the safety concerns. Don't use indoors, heavy duty rubber gloves and eye protection.

-Ace-

66e95ecb021e0b63215dfe75b7de0f02.jpg

cd89574a5a51832bf5f4fad79cc3f552.jpg437d0914be02be7193454c717ce8885d.jpgb7e9bc932f85f5cab2384a1d0a763609.jpg

• Like 1

I thought I had one of each of Goof Off's products, but have missed that one.   I've been looking for something to get paint off of brick pavers, and nothing I have tried will do anything to it.  We didn't get paint on them, but we've been working on that job for a good while, and I don't want anyone to think that we did it.

So far, the only thing that has worked is an acetylene torch, but that gets a little scary close to wood.  A propane torch only darkens the paint. 

• 4 years later...
On 4/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, Tom King said:

I thought I had one of each of Goof Off's products, but have missed that one.   I've been looking for something to get paint off of brick pavers, and nothing I have tried will do anything to it.  We didn't get paint on them, but we've been working on that job for a good while, and I don't want anyone to think that we did it.

So far, the only thing that has worked is an acetylene torch, but that gets a little scary close to wood.  A propane torch only darkens the paint. 

@Tom King, this is a while back but do you remember which stripper this was? A long time friend, since boyhood, brought me a small desk that his dad used in his business to “fix up”. I can fix the mechanical repairs like drawer runners, etc. but have never stripped and refinished a piece. It’s definitely more of a family heirloom than an antique, which makes my task even more challenging. 

Wonder what happened to @AceHoleInOne