Sawstop Mobile Base

BobInAustin

I started assembling my mobile base and it doesn't look right to me.  The lever you would step on the release engages to the one that runs to the other side of the saw.  Except on mine it can slide right past it.  Doesn't seem like it would actually lock into place.  I realize it may behave differently with weight on it.  I don't want to stand it up and try it because setting it back down would not be fun and my back is crap to begin with.  Anyone have any ideas or know if this is normal?

https://goo.gl/photos/cHHKPgdEyH6EucuS9

IMG_20170423_101047.jpg

12 hours ago, jplemons said:

I remember that particular part of the build being a bit tricky. I installed it incorrectly at first and then checked the images again and did it correctly. I can't remember if yours is correct or lot, sorry. 

Thanks. I'll have another look at it this morning.  I've also sent an email to Sawstop.

11 hours ago, drzaius said:

Phone em. You'll solve it quicker with back & forth conversation.

Yes, definitely phone em.  I called about the dust collection port and possibly moving it to the side, although I ended up not doing it, ended up have a great conversation with the guy at the other end.  

I have called them a couple times and they have always been super helpful. I went with the ICS Mobile Base so cant offer any help here, but Im sure theyll take care of you. Best of luck and enjoy the new saw!

And did you see the latest options they announced today: LINK

4 minutes ago, BobInAustin said:

Thanks everyone.  I did get it working by bending the arm but they finally had an engineer look at it and they're sending me a new base.  Of course I've already stood the machine up. :) 

My ICS base didn't come until a couple of weeks after the saw, so I bolted a hook to the ceiling & used a small hand held electric hoist to lift the saw straight up. Worked great.