Excalibur router lift clone?

drzaius

General International seems to have well & truly closed it's doors now. My problem is that I have an Excalibur router lift & I've got a Milwaukee 5625 router for it, but I need a shim & nothing is available from General anymore.. I recall seeing what looked like the same lift was being sold by someone else, but can remember who.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

30 minutes ago, MattF said:

I cant help with your question, but what would the shim be for? Could you make your own out of shim stock?

The Milwaukee router is slightly smaller than the lift clamp. The shim I'm looking for is the adapter that's made to marry the two. I suppose I could use shim stock, but that would require more futzing around than I'd like. If I can't source the proper shim then that's what I'll do.

2 hours ago, drzaius said:

General International seems to have well & truly closed it's doors now. My problem is that I have an Excalibur router lift & I've got a Milwaukee 5625 router for it, but I need a shim & nothing is available from General anymore.. I recall seeing what looked like the same lift was being sold by someone else, but can remember who.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks.

What's the part number?

I emailed General International here in Canada about the part number. Here is their response:

Hi Andrew,

Due to a dispute with the factory in Taiwan, this item is currently unavailable.

However, we will be copying the ‘’deluxe router table’’ in China.

The accessory in question may be available in the Spring of 2018.

Sincerely,

Rick Blake

11 hours ago, AndrewPritchard said:

I emailed General International here in Canada about the part number. Here is their response:

Hi Andrew,

Due to a dispute with the factory in Taiwan, this item is currently unavailable.

However, we will be copying the ‘’deluxe router table’’ in China.

The accessory in question may be available in the Spring of 2018.

Sincerely,

Rick Blake

Thanks for that Andrew. I called their parts department a few weeks ago & got a story of takeover, conflict & intrigue of Byzantine proportions. Apparently they don't even have access to plans & drawings anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drzaius said:

Apparently they don't even have access to plans & drawings anymore.

We have had vendors in Asia try this same thing. Once released to the manufacture, they want to own the drawings. Complete BS, and that doesn't fly at my company.  We design and qualify everything, along with paying for the tooling. Only thing the vendor owns is the process, and even then we are hands on. We own everything. Sounds like General didn't have proper supply chain management setup to negotiate these deals. 

• Like 1

I found the one I was thinking of, it's sold by Woodtek. But they don't offer the adapter for the Milwaukee 5625. I'll check with SawStop when they release theirs. I won't likely need it until then because I still have to build the table

Thanks for the help guys.