Hand tool classes

Tmize

I looked up his site it looks like just what I'm looking for. The bad side is his hand tool essentials class is sold out already for the next 6 months so I'll keep checking back an hope I can catch the last half of the year when he opens the schedule up. 

Is anyone here enrolled in the hand tool school with Shanon Rodgers? Is it any better than just watching YouTube videos. I have watched thousands from different people an have several books to that have been helpful an I've gotten a lot better I'm just thinking now I just need some hands on teaching to get me to the other level I want to get to with my work. I'm probably fit more in the new traditional woodworker than hybrid as I do my rough milling an dimension with power tools but I enjoy doing all my joinery, final dimensions an finish prep with hand tools. 

I have one down by my work an asked for some different type of classes an keep checking online for some changes but it's mostly just carving an table saw safety classes they do get some project classes but it's more of a power tool bases an if be ok with that but none of of them have sparked a interest in me

19 minutes ago, Minnesota Steve said:

What about this maker space in Birmingham?   They appear to have a couple good classes.

http://www.makebhm.com/wood/

This will work guess google let me down again. I'll research the instructor a lil bit but at those prices it-can't really be to bad. Make bham never crossed my mind all I've ever heard bout it is just a bunch of artsy stuff

35 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

Woodworking clubs nearby ? There is one that meets at Peachtree Woodworking in Norcross Ga.  Maybe Rockler has classes ?

Closest club to me is 2-1/2 hours away an they do hand tool Thursday nights 5-9 I wouldn't get there in time to start an as early as I get up in the morning that's way to late for a work night for me

Tmize...call David at City Hardwoods and see if he does anything.  I know he does classes, but not sure if he does anything hand tool specific.  I'm in Huntsville and there's nothing up here...

If you want to travel, the hand tool class that Rob Cosman teaches in Canada is a good one.  Went in Nov and had a good time....

6 hours ago, smirak said:

Tmize...call David at City Hardwoods and see if he does anything.  I know he does classes, but not sure if he does anything hand tool specific.  I'm in Huntsville and there's nothing up here...

If you want to travel, the hand tool class that Rob Cosman teaches in Canada is a good one.  Went in Nov and had a good time....

I was there two weeks ago an ask while getting some lumber. Great place but all they could recommend was the club but it's to far away. I'm looking into the make bham now hopefully it pays out. 

I would love to take one of his classes but right now that's a lil to much travel an expense for now but I got a lot of more years to get there