So is the talk show a thing of the past

gardnesd

WTOR hasn't gone anywhere, but scheduling something has been an issue. We probably should have thought ahead and recorded an episode before the latest Guild build started, but that would have required foresight and none of us are good at that. Truthfully, while Marc has a guild build going, he is pretty swamped. Matt and I are not interesting enough (nor as technically pimped) so we need to make sure Marc can join us.

Sorry for the long "hiatus" but we will be back after the Guild build is over.

WTOR hasn't gone anywhere, but scheduling something has been an issue. We probably should have thought ahead and recorded an episode before the latest Guild build started, but that would have required foresight and none of us are good at that. Truthfully, while Marc has a guild build going, he is pretty swamped. Matt and I are not interesting enough (nor as technically pimped) so we need to make sure Marc can join us.

Sorry for the long "hiatus" but we will be back after the Guild build is over.

I think WTO is your marketing gorilla. IMHO the back burner is not a place for it. Again JMHO.

One thing that another podcast I listen to (since I rarely get the opportunity to attend live) does is clips of "the best of..." that are introduced by a studio voice. Of course, they usually do this around the studio guests, and are not based off the format that WTOR is centered on.

(the podcast in question is Motley Fool, for those who are curious.)

Perhaps an interim episode could be done by various guest hosts, posted up as "studio work" instead of live. I realize live is the driving gorilla, but I find I'm missing fresh content. (I really don't have any room to talk, though, as I'm still going through old episodes.)

Well, as the person who sees the actual numbers, I can assure you that WTO is no marketing gorilla, haha! More like a marketing lemur maybe. :) But we do enjoy doing the show and that's why we keep going.

I take full responsibility for the current hiatus as I am in Guild Build mode right now. But we'll probably be rocking some new episodes mid to late Feb. I'll be moving the shop at the time so actual woodworking will be light, and I'll have time for extra-curricular fun.

The audio podcast with the 3 of you is a really good thing. You tend to talk about things over my head but listening to it helps me understand more and it is entertaining to hear you three interact. don't let it stay on hiatus too long.

It took me a while to find it. You should put some effort into producing them and promoting them. It could bring in a lot more interest in your other ventures. This is true for all 3 of you.

• 2 weeks later...