MCT - Miter Clamping Tool

ben_r_

LINK

main_mct_5_4.jpg

Well this is interesting. Haven't seen Woodpeckers release a new "permanent" tool in a while. I never had much luck with these types of miter clamps. They always feel to finicky to setup IMO. At least these are relatively inexpensive though. What do you guys think? Anyone going to pick up a pair or a set?

For picture frames I'll use a band clamp and blue tape to keep things in order till the band tightens. I don't really get why i'd use these and then need 12 clamps to close 4 joints. Seems expensive and complicated.

That being said i had a friend complain about how much framing costs at local hobby store and askes how much i'd charge him for a 28" x 34" frame. His wife wanted some complicated profile cut in the frame. I told him the hobby store is cheaper. Told him i'd have to buy the bits that i'd never use again, not cheap, and then you still have to do the mounting matting and glass. I don't know why people think big picture frames are easy and cheap.

Blokkz work fine on miters & odd angles. However the clamp to hold it in place has been in the way for many of my oddball projects. Sometimes gluing on a block for clamping then cutting it off works but this has its own drawbacks. There is rarely one solution.

• Like 1