Floating Picture Frames

..Kev

Very nice Kev.  I did a handful of these for our house, but they were all for paintings that were about 4'x4'.  Cutting the mitres on those was a bit of a challenge as I haven't built a jig like yours, and any errors are very pronounced over a 4' length.  But they turned out and my wife was happy, so it's all good...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keggers said:

Nice video, Kev. Thank you!  I'm not clear on what you were going to shrink wrap???

4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

I’ve never heard of it being done but I would imagine he was going to shrink wrap around the twisted wires to keep them from coming untied. Good idea. Great looking frames Kev. 

Coop is correct.  Shrink wrapping the hanging wire just helps you not get poked by frayed wire as you're hanging the frame.

Nice frames Kev !

Heat shrink tubing is some useful stuff. A heat gun is handy to have as well. I bought a Milwaukee heat gun over 25 years ago. Every time I turn off the heat and let the blower completely cool it off before I put it up . Shock while cooling breaks those heating elements. Buy good tools and treat them well. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wdwerker said:

Nice frames Kev !

Heat shrink tubing is some useful stuff. A heat gun is handy to have as well. I bought a Milwaukee heat gun over 25 years ago. Every time I turn off the heat and let the blower completely cool it off before I put it up . Shock while cooling breaks those heating elements. Buy good tools and treat them well. 

+1

I just looked at new heat guns and they mostly seem to be cheap & plastic. Did find a gun like my old Milwaukee but it's $107. Buy once cry once and it just may last a lifetime. Never loan it out either !

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Appliance-14-5-Amp-Corded-Heavy-Duty-Master-Heat-Gun-HG-751B/305254401