Sawstop folding outfeed table

Minnesota Steve

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Jon, I don’t have a SawStop but I see that your dc comes out the lower backside like my Jet. Are you having to raise the out feed table each time you use the saw, even on small stuff when it’s not needed? 

At this moment I don't have a DC system. I clean up with a shop vac. I don't have room in my shop for DC. I might have room in the attic above the shop but that will likely be a 2022 project. I'm still building out the shop (4 equipment benches, 1 workbench, 2 cabinets, 2-3 clamp holders, outfeed table, 41 drawers, 6-8 cabinet doors, etc.). Most of that is done, but still need to put drawer faces and handles on. Waiting until the weather gets warmer so I can coat.  Here is the outfeed table assembled. My wife "tested the weight capacity". B) I don't dare put my weight on it. I'm 260 and dropping. She is 125.

I have included a picture of the space behind the outfeed table. I suppose I could put a spacer block and run a DC hose to it when/if the time comes to do that. The goal was to do an outfeed table that fit on top of the wheels for the table saw when stored. This does. I'm happy.

IMG_5264.thumb.jpg.a4e5ea1ea05ec06da0653f4790bc2899.jpg

IMG_5262.thumb.jpg.e8a8185f4d476ed72d5033963222acab.jpg

IMG_5266.thumb.jpg.046dbd8e61420eeed3c3ea16a7513c26.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Someone with DC designing a similar table could incorporate a 5" arch cutout to accomodate the DC duct.  That wouldn't compromise the outfeed function.  

I took a look at this person's design with a DC before I did my table. I just didn't want to mess with it and I think it looks ugly. Maybe I will regret it in future years, but I don't think so. If the table saw is not being used with the outfeed table it means it is up against the wall and I'm cutting small pieces. Much less dust. The table actually blocks the dust from going all over the flow so it piles up nicely and I can quickly vac it up.

https://familywoodworking.org/forums/index.php?threads/folding-sawstop-table-saw-outfeed-table.38139/

Here's my take on a folding outfeed table. Pardon the mess in the shop. A bit of explanation. There are 2 4" ducts that connect the saw to a plenum/damper, then a 6" flex to the duct. The plenum is to select either the router table or the table saw for collection. To accommodate the plenum & ducts, the table is slightly at a slant when lowered. The router table outfeed is separate & supported by the main outfeed.

1/2" Baltic birch was used for the torsion box tables & plastic laminate applied top & bottom. I originally had 3 supports, but they were unwieldy to deploy. now there is just 1 & I can put all my weight on a corner with no noticeable flex. That snazzy color laminate is just some leftover that I had.

I also build 18" deep outfeed extensions that just hook onto those hinges & are supported by the steel legs that I removed from the original extension table. I rarely use those, but they're nice to have when needed.

20200428_153546.jpg

20200428_153524.jpg

20200428_153602.jpg

20200428_153356.jpg

20200428_153440.jpg

20200428_153501.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, drzaius said:

Here's my take on a folding outfeed table. Pardon the mess in the shop. A bit of explanation. There are 2 4" ducts that connect the saw to a plenum/damper, then a 6" flex to the duct. The plenum is to select either the router table or the table saw for collection. To accommodate the plenum & ducts, the table is slightly at a slant when lowered. The router table outfeed is separate & supported by the main outfeed.

1/2" Baltic birch was used for the torsion box tables & plastic laminate applied top & bottom. I originally had 3 supports, but they were unwieldy to deploy. now there is just 1 & I can put all my weight on a corner with no noticeable flex. That snazzy color laminate is just some leftover that I had.

I also build 18" deep outfeed extensions that just hook onto those hinges & are supported by the steel legs that I removed from the original extension table. I rarely use those, but they're nice to have when needed.

Why do you have hinges on the outside edge of the outfeed table? BTW, great build. Wish I had the room in my shop for something like that. 

2 hours ago, JuniperJon said:

Why do you have hinges on the outside edge of the outfeed table? BTW, great build. Wish I had the room in my shop for something like that. 

The mating halves to the hinges are modified & screwed to the extensions. The extension hooks on to the hinges, swings up, & the legs put in position to hold it level

• Thanks 1