Building wood shop - table saw

SoCalWoody

Never, ever, under ANY circumstance will I buy another Delta tool -new or used.

Many people have the same attitude toward- General Motors, Ford, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Harbor Freight, etc. You get good and bad in any of them. Back in the late 6os, a wealthy lady bought a Rolls-Royce. She picked it up one day and the next day drove to her husband's office. When she got ready to go home, it wouldn't start! Go figure!

51 minutes ago, Bankstick said:

Many people have the same attitude toward- General Motors, Ford, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Harbor Freight, etc. You get good and bad in any of them. Back in the late 6os, a wealthy lady bought a Rolls-Royce. She picked it up one day and the next day drove to her husband's office. When she got ready to go home, it wouldn't start! Go figure!

Don't disagree but the lack of parts is and will continue to be a real issue.

• Like 1

That is why I don't buy Craftsman, at least in the past. Don't  know how it is done now with the buyout. Back in the mid 70s,  I had two customers who were contract manufacturers for Craftsman. I was told CM would determine what parts would break or wear out, then have a stockpile of parts. When those parts were gone, you were outta luck. CM also changed some parts from the OEM parts so you had to buy CM parts, if available.

FWIW, I have found www.ereplacementparts.com to be a good source. Found Ryobi TS wrenches for changing the blade; Ryobi only had one in stock.

• Like 2

I have several 20 year old deltas that are all good. I like my unisaw. I did need a new switch for my jointer. All they  had was a universal switch. My shop the table saw is the center. Number one companion to the TS is a jointer. If there is a budget for it get a 12" Powermatic. A tamed beast. And you will need a 15" min. Thickness Planer. I have a Jet that works. 

But before any of this decide if you are going to have a dust collection system. Then some pre planning is needed.

The ability to make wide square repeatable crosscuts may be a needed item depending on the work. A slider on the table saw is one way...