The "No Jerks" Policy

Thanks Marc for your great forum and all who contribute and moderate. I appreciate the policing because the forum is a pleasant and informative experience. It all goes back to what we learned as young children whether it was from our parents, our Sunday school or kindergarten: treat others as you would want to be treated.

Love the policy! I had a very negative response to a 'cry for help' on a Plumbing forum. Was just looking for parts advice and didn't know all of my proper plumbing terminology. Got taken to task quite nastily, by someone that felt I had to hire a professional plumber. Great way to endear yourself to a potential customer, by insulting thier intelligence and skills! In the end, I got my reducer fitting and finished the project. With no leaks, works wonderfully, only problem is trying to not let this one 'Jerk' influence my opinion of the rest of the plumbing trade.

Sadly that's all it takes is one jerk to ruin everything. As a podcaster you develop a thick skin, but it still angers you to know end regardless.

Maybe when we're visiting other forums we should invoke an "universal no jerk clause statement" when someone is a jerk. Something we could copy and paste as a way of saying "dude, you're being a Fritzing jerk, chortle!!"...but in a nice way.

I have not experienced this "jerk" problem at all at this forum. Kudos to Marc and Nicole, thank you for all mentors and contributors. You guys make it easy to share success stories, bragging and also my 911 calls. This forum is a great source of inspiration.

Sadly that's all it takes is one jerk to ruin everything. As a podcaster you develop a thick skin, but it still angers you to know end regardless.

Maybe when we're visiting other forums we should invoke an "universal no jerk clause statement" when someone is a jerk. Something we could copy and paste as a way of saying "dude, you're being a Fritzing jerk, chortle!!"...but in a nice way.

ha ha, nice... but that's a whole 'nutha policy...

So that is why once we are under the Wood Whisperer umbrella we stay. So far I never saw anybody act like a jerk. The only bad influence was a guy getting drunk in his shop doing a demo on a stein ... other than that ... <;?

Well that guy has a reputation already so people know what their getting into with him. :)