Woodworkers Journal - Wall Storage System

MJC

This is not something I have done yet but I came across this and thought it may be something that might be a good fit for my shop area. I like this for many different reasons but I am going to think about it before I dive into anything else yet. Once I get everything else I have going completed then I will start something. Anyway I thought I would post this for anyone else who might be interested.

Not sure if this is going to work how I intend for it to so we will see. This .jpg should allow you to see the entire page by dragging your mouse down just as if you were scrolling but you wont have a scroll bar you will just drag the image down and it should move down to see the entire page.

Ok the .jpg wouldn't work so I made a short video showing the screen capture which can be seen here 

1 hour ago, RichardA said:

Interesting, a "wall" storage system on castors.  Never seen that before.

The workbench on castors is just part of it RichardA.

I didn't name the project, this is what Woodworkers Journal called it and I was simply sharing something I thought might be interesting to others. 

Edited by Chet
This was edited to keep it on topic and from becoming a problem.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

The workbench on castors is just part of it RichardA.

I didn't name the project, this is what Woodworkers Journal called it and I was simply sharing something I thought might be interesting to others. 

The only criticism that I was attempting to point out was that your title and your video, showed nothing about a wall cabinet.  I wasn't trying to make fun or create a problem. If you're really interested in a wall hung tool cabinet, do a search on this site and you'll find perhaps a half dozen wall hung tool cabinets that members here have created, and some may even have better instructions, along with tips and tricks to make it construction quicker and easier., And our fearless leader Marc over at the Woodwhisper site has done one or two with a full video, that may be helpful.  Words have meanings.   Edit    I said wall hung tool cabinet, my error.  Storage is what I meant, and you'll find those solutions here as well.  , See, words do have meanings.

Edited by RichardA
Misspoke.

I'm not a huge fan of workbenches on wheels but there are times that workbenches need to be moved. I personally like the idea of casters like this better https://www.amazon.com/SPACEKEEPER-Workbench-Caster-kit-Retractable/dp/B07QRH8VS2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=workbench+casters&qid=1584361804&sr=8-3. They allow the bench to be solidly on the floor and then lifted to be moved around. I don't endorse the product I linked I just grabbed the first listing I'd read some reviews if you interested.

As for the wall storage, it seems a bit small. Looks good though I'd just make it bigger.