Transfering SketchUp Program

Mark J

I have the free version of SketchUp 2016 loaded on an old laptop, which I am replacing with a newer machine.  I don't want to use a later version of SketchUp as I have a good set of instructions (from Bob Lang) for this version.  Has anyone ever transfered SketchUp before?

I can tell you what I've done that hasn't worked.  I copied the entire SketchUp folder onto a flash from the old HD using Windows Explorer.  Then I copied the folder from the flash to the new desktop.  When I run SketchUp.exe on the new computer it shows the welcome pade, but asks for license information. 

SU still runs on the old comuter, which on start up does not ask for license info, and I don't see any such info in any obvious place.  Any thoughts?

Transferring software installs on windows is not easy. On some versions I think I recall having to click through the license prompts to get to the "I'm not using this for commercial purposes, give it to me for free" option.

This LINK has the installer for Sketchup 2016. Direct 32bit and 64bit

Edit: oh, and from my first link you have to click on the little arrow to see the download links.

69967492_Annotation2020-06-19202946.jpg.01f50858be9bf4098c00e75141f0b000.jpg

• Thanks 1